Saturday, October 24, 2015

Can I Help You Get Home

Have you ever walked through the valley of the shadow of death? I can remember a time when all I could do was repeat the 23rd Psalms. “Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I will fear no evil for thou art with me.”

 Over and over I repeated this as I watched my marriage of twenty-two years coming to an end. At first, I just knew that God was going to put it back together. It could NEVER be His will for me to be divorced. But, soon I had to realize that divorce would be part of my life. My husband at that time was NOT coming back. I had to accept that regardless of what God desired for me, that one has to be submissive to His will.  He had a mind and will of his own and he was not coming back.

I was facing the death of my marriage. We had been two people joined as one and now we were being torn apart. Ligament by ligament we were stretched until he was no longer part of my life at all. It was one of the most painful things that I have ever gone through. I had never been alone and I didn’t know how, nor did I desire to.  I wanted so badly to wake up and realize that it was all a bad dream.  But, I wasn’t dreaming, instead, my dreams were dying.

I had always felt that God had a job for us to do as a unit, and when I lost him, I too began to lose the dream that could use me to help women that were hurting. I was daily being reminded that I was a hurting woman. 

I will never forget the day my life changed.  I sat down at the dining room table as I had done a thousand times before. My husband looked at me and said, " Glenda you're a good woman with a good heart, but I just don't love you anymore. Later that evening,  I got in the car and began to drive down Sulphur Springs Mountain.  As I was driving, I noticed a woman walking up the mountainside.  It was beginning to get dark, and it had started to rain. I knew that the mountain was steep and there were no houses in sight, so when I could, I turned the car around so I could offer her a ride.

 I explained that her husband had put her out of the car and told her to get home the best way that she could. She explained that she had just had back surgery the week prior. . Her heart was breaking and I wanted so badly to console her, but I couldn’t.

 All I could think about was my husband was leaving me, and all I could hear was the enemy saying, “God does not, nor did he ever, desire to use you to help hurting women.  You are one of those women!" I gave her a ride home, but that was all that I could offer. 

My greatest fear has always been, and will always be, that I will miss God’s Will for my life. It has been a struggle for me every since my marriage ended in divorce. As sure as I know my name, I know that He has placed a call on my life to help women who are hurting.   I am to help them find their way home.  When the enemy has thrown them to the side and said, "Get home the best way you can," God is calling me to let them know that they're not alone. I am to help them get home. 
  
How sad it would be to have a hard life here, then die in sin only to find that REAL hardship has just begun.  All through the Bible, Paul wrote to the Christians either commending them for their faith or 

I will never forget the day my life changed.  I sat down at the dining room table as I had done a thousand times before. My husband looked at me and said, " Glenda you're a good woman with a good heart, but I just don't love you anymore. Later that evening,  I got in the car and began to drive down Sulphur Springs Mountain.

  As I was driving, I noticed a woman walking up the mountainside.  It was beginning to get dark, and it had started to rain. I knew that the mountain was steep and there were no houses in sight, so when I could, I turned the car around so I could offer her a ride.


 When I got to her I had to offer an excuse as to why my eyes were so swollen. I didn't want her to be scared to get in the car.  She got in and soon I realized that she too was sobbing. She explained that her husband had put her out of the car and told her to get home the best way that she could. She explained that she had just had back surgery the week prior. . Her heart was breaking and I wanted so badly to console her, but I couldn’t.

 All I could think about was my husband was leaving me, and all I could hear was the enemy saying, “God does not, nor did he ever, desire to use you to help hurting women.  You are one of those women!" I gave her a ride home, but that was all that I could offer. 

My greatest fear has always been, and will always be, that I will miss God’s Will for my life. It has been a struggle for me every since my marriage ended in divorce. As sure as I know my name, I know that He has placed a call on my life to help women who are hurting.   I am to help them find their way home.  When the enemy has thrown them to the side and said, "Get home the best way you can," God is calling me to let them know that they're not alone. I am to help them get home.

 How sad it would be to have a hard life here, then die in sin only to find that REAL hardship has just begun.  All through the Bible, Paul wrote to the Christians either commending them for their faith or asking them to wake up. Let's take a look at our lives to see if we're awake, or do we need to wake up. Jesus said, "The field is white to harvest, but the laborers are few..." Let's ask ourselves this question, "Are we among those few?"

Here’s to helping others get home.
Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Truth shall set you free

The best years of my life was in my thirties. My sons were still at home. I was in love with a man I adored and the closeness that I had wit...