Friday, October 23, 2015

Come on in

I love billboards that are creative, colorful and well designed.  I love it from the illustrative standpoint; because I enjoy doing graphics.  It may not look like it, but a lot of hard work, time and talent goes into designing a layout.
Good advertising is meant to grab your attention and make you curious about what they’re selling, but  Great advertising leaves you feeling discontent until you have it. It draws you in giving the illusion that your life is incomplete because of the lack of it. I have included one that I think is great from Austria, “The All You Can Eat,” advertising Old Timers.  It’s so creative that I won’t ever forget it. It’s at the perfect place and creates the perfect pitch.

 Satan is a great advertiser.  He is masterful at painting the perfect picture of what you’re missing, and what you need.  He knows how to entice you and how to draw you in giving you the illusion that you’re incomplete without it. You need it, and you got to have it! Now- that’s a great advertiser.

The bad part about great advertising is that not always is the product equal to what is being offered. For instance, I will NEVER forget the billboard I have included, but the restaurant being advertised may be all too forgettable.

Satan may be a great advertiser, but in reality, what you get is not equal to what he’s offering.  He never shows you the back side of the story.   The Bible teaches that he is a liar and the truth is not in him.  

If you're not happy with your spouse,  he will try to sell you 1-800-Get- AMAN and if you need a little pick-me-up just pop a top, then that will do it. The one that I see the most in the ER is the pick a pill any pill! There is not a night that goes by that I don’t see people showing up in the ER begging for narcotics, needing just ONE more pill. But one more is NEVER enough. They will lie for it, steal for it, and cuss you out over it.   

I can’t count the number of times that police have brought in people who were intoxicated and had broken the law, but the enemy didn't pitch that side of the picture or the number of endless suicide attempts. Again never did they discuss that side of the picture before buying into what the enemy was selling.   They all came with different problems, but they all stemmed from buying into something that wasn't true. 

All of us, if we’re not careful can be fooled into believing a lie.  We can risk losing what we have for something that has no value. The enemy knows where our weakness exists and he will use whatever he can to entice us.   Maybe it’s spending too much money, or eating more than we should, maybe it’s something as simple as not spending enough time with our families.  It can be anything that He can use to pull us from the light back into darkness. 

Here’s to "Eyes that see and ears that hear"  

Glenda J.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Truth shall set you free

The best years of my life was in my thirties. My sons were still at home. I was in love with a man I adored and the closeness that I had wit...