Today I had lunch with a great friend and she shared with me a powerful story of how one woman had been verbally abused as a young child. I sat there in complete silence as she spoke because I just couldn't imagine what she had gone through; much less, how she had survived it.
After getting home, I found this video that I'm sharing with you and it speaks volumes of truth. If we are constantly being told that we're nothing, before long that message is embedded in our minds affecting how we see ourselves and how we perceive the world to see us.
There was one particular phrase spoken over me that I have NEVER forgotten, and I believe it to be part of my confidence issue today. "Glenda, if you can't do anything and do it right, then just get back to the house!!" " I swear you can't do anything!" Now that I'm grown, I realize that the person who said it did not intentionally want to hurt me. It was said out of stress and in the heat of the moment, but as a small child I did not realize that. I simply thought that I was just not enough!
I can't imagine how someone who is daily exposed to this behavior survives with a healthy mind.Actually you couldn't if you didn't have someone else who was investing into your life speaking the truth and blessings over you. As women of God, I want us to be reminded of how powerful the tongue is. The tongue is the most powerful part of our body, and one that is untamed can kill a person's spirit. Proverbs 18:14 say’s, “ The human spirit can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?” It also teaches that the tongue can bring forth life or death.
Have you ever seen someone whose spirit is crushed? I’m not talking about someone who is sad and depressed. I’m talking about someone who has lost all hope. They can’t seem to find the strength to go on. It’s heart wrenching to see it, let alone, be the one enduring it.
According to Child Abuse Statistics, child abuse is reported every 10 seconds in the United States. To all of you that work in children's ministries, I commend you.In order for abused children to overcome their abuse, someone has to be instilling something of value and worth in them.
As Christian women, we need to be investing into the lives of others, because people, (God’s creation) are worth the investment. God thought so, and so should we.
Here’s to Investing in the lives of others,
Glenda J
Our story is unfinished. Every day we have the opportunity of pursuing God's best for our lives. We don't have to be chained to our past. We can be set FREE! Who knows what is waiting for you just over the next hill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Truth shall set you free
The best years of my life was in my thirties. My sons were still at home. I was in love with a man I adored and the closeness that I had wit...
-
For every valley that we walk through there is a jewel to be found, and when you find it, you never forget it. You never forget it beca...
-
Have you ever felt hopeless? Have you ever been in so much pain that your mind shuts down, and you have no memory of time? Have you ever be...
-
I love billboards that are creative, colorful and well designed. I love it from the illustrative standpoint; because I enjoy doing graphic...

No comments:
Post a Comment