The best years of my life was in my thirties. My sons were still at home. I was in love with a man I adored and the closeness that I had with the Lord was so sweet. I felt a strong feeling in my knowing,
my gut, that God had placed a call on my life.
I was reading in the Book of Luke about the two fishermen that had fished all night and caught nothing. Yet Jesus instructed them to throw out again into the deep. As I was reading, the words 'into the deep', stood out. It was as if someone was shining a light on them. I didn't fully understand their meaning at the time, but I knew that God was calling me to those that were deep in sin, bound by chains of regret. My mind has wondered a thousand different ways how the Lord would use me to help these women, but never in my wildest dreams did I think that broken woman would be me.
For those of you that know me, you understand that my world fell apart. I have spent many years trying to establish that closeness that I once had with the Lord. The Truth is the Lord forgave me years before I was able to forgive myself.
The best way that I have found to combat the enemy is with truth. The truth of God's word, but also my truth. When the enemy tells me that I shouldn't follow the Lord in the way that He's called me because I'm not good enough or talented enough, then I make that struggle known, and continue anyway.
I started this blog several years ago, but I stopped posting because the enemy said, you're not a writer. And he's right. I'm not, nor do I claim to be. But what I am is an Encourager and through my love for writing, I want to be transparent. I want you to see the times I've stood on mountain tops in hopes it will encourage you to climb. And I want you to see my struggles and how the Lord helped me to overcome.
For years I've continued to write and then hide it away in journals because the enemy convinced me that I was only embarrassing myself. But this is not about me, it's about the women who too have dreams that the enemy has convinced them to let go of. My dream is not to write, it's to encourage in whatever form that the Lord allows me too.
I pray that the enemy will not keep you or myself, bound by chains of insecurity, but rather we will allow the Truth to set our dreams free until they come into the fruition of what God desires them to be.
Here's to the Truth,
Glenda J.

No comments:
Post a Comment