Sunday, November 15, 2015











Today I received a phone call that I had missed an appointment to get my teeth cleaned.   November 11th, 2015, @ 1:00 pm it was recorded that I should be there. I gave my apologies and rescheduled. There was a sigh of relief knowing that I could reschedule because I didn’t mean to miss it. It was an honest mistake. I was just busy at being busy if you know what I mean.

    I’m certain that all of us have missed appointments and had to reschedule.  But today, as I was studying the thought came to me that we all have one appointment in common. We all have an appointment with death. The Bible says, “ It’s appointed unto every man to die, and then the judgment.  Once this appointed time comes, it cannot be rescheduled. There will be NO sigh of relief given when we realize that we have a do over. There is NO do over. It is our APPOINTED time that God has already set aside for us.

     Today as I was flipping through a 2016 calendar and noticing all the notations of things to come, the Holy Spirit began to speak to me. Time is short, and for some it will even be shorter.  There will be people who will have their appointed time in 2016.  We all understand the idea that we’re going to die, but I don’t think that we stop and consider the fact that God has already set the date, it’s ready, and it’s just waiting on us. If we could flip through the pages of God’s 2016 Appointment Book our name, our appointment with death,  could be on one of those pages.

     I look at it this way. Each day that calendar flips over I am one-day closer, and I don’t feel that I’m nowhere near done doing what I need to do for the Lord.  Too often, we live our lives as if we’re going to be here forever, or at least close to forever.  God knew when we would enter this world and he knows when we’re going to leave it.

     I think down deep most of us feel that date is going to be at a ripe old age, but we don’t know that. Think about the people you know and love that have already gone on. They had no idea that their lives would end in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and etc. but God knew.  I feel like I’m healthy, but will I have a wreck, or is something wrong with me that I don’t know about? We should live our lives as if today could be the last day that we have to live for the Lord.

     While we’re here and have the time we should be busy loving the Lord and telling the world about Him. Time is short and each day that goes by it is only getting shorter. Ask yourself this question. Am I ready for my appointed time? Have I fulfilled my God Called Purpose? If Not, Let’s get busy. Time is wasting. I don't know about you, but I don't want to stand before the Lord and be emptied handed. I want to fulfill the purpose that He created me for. 

    Here's to Making Each Day Count!


   Glenda J. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Truth shall set you free

The best years of my life was in my thirties. My sons were still at home. I was in love with a man I adored and the closeness that I had wit...