I love to go to weddings. The bride is always beautiful and adorned in her best. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an ugly bride. They are usually at perfection. Of course, they’re not perfect, but perfection yes. The hair is at its best looking as if it’s sculptured. The gown is a statement of adornment lined with jewels and lace, and for the final touch pearls or diamonds complete the picture. All this together makes a moment of perfection when the wedding march is played.
I watched yesterday as Jonathon, Mary’s son was married. It was a moment of perfection. Mary was running around trying to see that everything was in place. It was obvious that she had already prepared herself because she was beautiful. And now it was time to set the scene in place so that Jonathon could have the day that he had been longing for, and the day that Mary had prayed would come to pass for her son. “Lord, if it's your will, send my son a help mate.” Many the times she and I have had this conversation. And so he did! His bride came through the door and she was beautiful. She was a princess walking down to meet her prince. I watched him as he kept looking with anticipation for those doors to swing open and present his bride. There was a look of love that I will never forget.
The Bible teaches that you and I are the Bride of Christ and that one day the trumpet is going to sound and we are going to meet him. He waits with anticipation for the clouds to roll back and present His glorious bride. Every day we should be adorning ourselves getting ready for the coming of our groom.
I don’t know about you, but I want to look my best. I don’t worry so much about the outward appearance because I think we’re all beautiful in His sight, but I want my inner beauty to be, at perfection. Again, I say, not perfect, but perfection. Jesus said there is no one perfect but God. I want to be like Mary was yesterday. I want to be prepared and spending my time making certain that others are ready. Making certain they have on their wedding clothes, and they know to listen for the wedding sound.
When we become saved we put on our wedding garment, (He covers us with His blood) and as we grow we adorn ourselves with many other things. I want my gown to be adorned with ribbons of Love, Grace, Forgiveness, Patience, Virtue, Honesty, Truth, Sacrifice and Faith. I want to have laid aside anything of the flesh. I want to have a crown of jewels from having won souls for the Lord. I want my wedding gown to be long covering my running shoes from having run a good race for the Lord. Then when I get home I’ll slip on the pair that He’s prepared for me to rest and worship in.
Here’s’ to trading in our running shoes!
Glenda J.
Glenda J.

No comments:
Post a Comment