Monday, October 26, 2015

MISSING PIECES


If you’ve ever tried putting a puzzle together then you know what it’s like to search for the exact piece needed to complete a section or to complete the puzzle. You know that without it, the picture will never achieve the full effect. Our lives are like a puzzle. Only God knows what the exact picture looks like. He has designed it from beginning to end. He knows the exact pieces that we need and the exact time we need them. It’s the same as putting a puzzle together, the more pieces it contains; the longer it takes to find them all.

God has a master plan for all of us, a masterpiece to be created. Some of the pieces are already in place while others are yet to be obtained. I know that God is calling me to work for Him, and I know that in certain areas of my life I have some missing pieces. Have you ever noticed that regardless of the number of pieces in a puzzle they’re all the same size? One piece is just as important as the next, because, without it, the end product is not the same. It is so disappointing to get to the very last piece of the puzzle and not have it. You can’t see the beauty of your work for the empty hole that is left. In my life,
I have some missing pieces that I know are important. They’re as important as those I’ve been able to use. It’s not hard for me to love people. To me, love and forgiveness come easy. I have always been able to forgive those that have hurt me, and to love the unlovable. If it were possible to lay out the pieces I have in my life love and forgiveness would be among them. Certainly they fit together, but to complete the full picture it requires pieces of Faith, Hope, Confidence, Compassion, etc. 
I have searched for one of my missing pieces for a long time. I have looked for confidence everywhere, and I can’t seem to find it. Without confidence, I can’t use the piece obedience because it keeps holding me back. Obedience will not fit until you’re confident to believe that you’re enough. I have faith to believe that God can do anything until it comes to doing it through me, and then I begin to doubt.    
I compare myself to others way too much. I need to stop and realize that whatever God is calling me to; He will equip me to do it. He won’t let me get to the last piece only to realize that I don’t have it. He doesn’t start something in our lives without making all the pieces available. . It is possible for us to complete what God calls us to do.

     And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Phillippians 1:6

                                                              
I’m sure each of us has our struggles with the missing pieces in our lives. You may have a world of confidence, but find it difficult to forgive or love. You can love your family and friends, but it's harder for you to love the unlovable. Each day we work hard at using what we have to achieve what God is calling us to do. God has called me to be an encourager to others in a world of hopelessness. I know without a doubt that He is the answer to bringing them HOPE, but I struggle with the fact that I am capable of being used to make a difference.

The enemy knows what our missing pieces are. He understands our weakest links, and how to detour us from finding them. I hope that if I continue making the effort to what He’s calling me to do, that one day I will no longer struggle with confidence. I'm thankful that God is continually showing me His grace and strengthening me to do His will.


Here's to finding missing pieces!
Glenda J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Truth shall set you free

The best years of my life was in my thirties. My sons were still at home. I was in love with a man I adored and the closeness that I had wit...