Pieces of the Past:
The Walking Dead is the best way that I can describe my life prior to waking up. That day was a great day! The day I realized that if it's going to be, then it's up to me.
There was no one and nothing that could change my life but me. I realized that if I kept doing the same thing over and over that I would continue getting the same results. I would ALWAYS keep coming up empty.
It was time. It was my time! If I was ever going to live my life with a purpose, then I had to wake up. I had to realize that life was quickly passing me by, and it wasn't going to wait for me to get on board. I could either live my life, or I could miss it. How sad would it be to die without really having lived?
I made the decision to live. I came to realize that if God could raise the dead, if He could bring life back to dead bones, then He could certainly raise me up from the pit of despair.
The first thing I had to do was start believing in God's word and the things He said to be true and not base my happiness on the things that I could see. I had to start seeing myself blessed and highly favored as God sees me. Trust me, it was a lot easier said than done because I didn't feel blessed and highly favored.
I felt empty and hopeless, and all I could see for my future was just more of the same. Day by day, I would read God's promises and pray them over my life. At first, I didn't see much change, but little by little my heart became tender and I began to allow the promises of God to sink it.
The Bible teaches us that when God's Word lands on good soil that it will produce life, and that is exactly what happened. "Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and life." I looked at that one day and I knew it to be true. How could I live in darkness, death, and decay if Jesus was living in me and I was abiding in him? If I really believed it to be true, then I was only cheating myself to stay in the darkness focusing on my pain.
My pain was real, but did it compare to Christ's Pain? Had I suffered more at man's hands than He did? Of course, not! It was time for me to let the pain go and start living. I started out on a journey that day and I have been walking it ever since. I have been walking towards God and His healing, and believing with each step that God has something good in store for those He loves, and that included me.
Here's to walking into the future!
Glenda J.
Our story is unfinished. Every day we have the opportunity of pursuing God's best for our lives. We don't have to be chained to our past. We can be set FREE! Who knows what is waiting for you just over the next hill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Truth shall set you free
The best years of my life was in my thirties. My sons were still at home. I was in love with a man I adored and the closeness that I had wit...
-
For every valley that we walk through there is a jewel to be found, and when you find it, you never forget it. You never forget it beca...
-
Have you ever felt hopeless? Have you ever been in so much pain that your mind shuts down, and you have no memory of time? Have you ever be...
-
I love billboards that are creative, colorful and well designed. I love it from the illustrative standpoint; because I enjoy doing graphic...

No comments:
Post a Comment